Different DBMS software is used in different sectors. Some of the DBMS software are MYSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server. Following are some examples where the DBMS system is used:
DBMS can be used to store student information, Staff details, Course registration, student admission details, Grades, Report cards.
DBMS can be used to store customer information, transaction details, payments, deposits, credit-debit, loan details.
DBMS can be used to store Flight details, Schedules, Passenger details, Reservations.
Company/ HR management:
DBMS can be used to store employee information, salary details, deductions.
DBMS can be used to store Product details, customer details, and sales information.
Advantages of using DBMS
- DBMS can be used to store and retrieve data
- Only DBA(Database Administrator) has access to data
- Users are not exposed to the storage or data representation
- Efficient for fast data retrieval
- DBMS offers Security and Data Integrity
It offers various Integrity constraints for access level permission i.e. who can access what information
Characteristics of Database Management System
- Provides security
- removes redundancy
- data abstraction
- Support of multiple views of the data
- Sharing of data
- multiuser transaction processing
- It follows the ACID property ( Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability)
|C Programming language
||Go Programming language