HTML is the standard markup language for Web pages. It can be used to create your own website.
HTML is platform-independent and is used to write most hypertext documents on the web.
You need a simple text editor to write HTML codes and a web browser to view the code work.
In HTML everything comes inside a tag. Tags are not displayed on the web browser but it tells the browser how to display the content that is inside the tag.
A tag is enclosed between angular brackets < >. A tag may have an optional list of attributes.
The name and attributes within a tag are not case sensitive, most HTML tags are containers, i.e. they have a start tag and an end tag, an end tag is the same as the start tag, but it is preceded by a slash (/). Some tags don’t have end tags.
Key Points –
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- It describes the structure of web pages
- It contains a number of elements
- It tells the browser how to display the content of the web page
<title> Page title </title>
<h1>This is Heading</h1>
Solved HTML examples
- Create an HTML page with 6 separate lines in different sizes
- Create an HTML page with 7 separate lines in different colors
|C Programming language
||Go Programming language